lunes, 19 de abril de 2010

Book 2 - The very Hungry Caterpillar


This is the second book I read for this subject after "The curious incident of the dog in the night time" and it was fantastic. it didn´t dissapoint me!

I loved the pictures the moment I saw them and the fresh story.

"The very hungry caterpillar" is the sweet story of a little caterpillar, from egg to butterfly. He was looking for food everywhere and he ate more and more food from Monday to Sunday until he got sick. Then he ate only a green leaf and felt better. He built a cocoon around himself and stayed there for 2 weeks. He came out of the cocoon as a beautiful butterfly.

I found out in a blog for English teachers that this story was a favorite one for many of them in their childhood. I decided to read it and I was pleased to find it in the University's library.

The story is nice but the best are the pictures, so colourful and fresh. Also, it can be very useful to teach children as the pictures attracts their attention but also because it works food vocabulary, days of the week and also the changes produced by time.

Without doubt, a must for anyone loving children literature and storytelling.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario